My protein oats are a stable in my morning routine. An easy option that ticks all the boxes with nutrition, oats always keep me energised throughout the morning. I wanted to share how to make protein oats as it is one of the recipes that you can easily prep the night before, making sure you have time for some good food in the morning. Son’t forget, you can check out my video tutorial over on youtube too.
- 90g Oats
- 150-330ml milk (I used whole fat cow’s milk)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- Toppings of your choice – I used frozen berries and pumpkin seeds
- On medium heat, add the oats and milk to a saucepan. Mix well and cook for about a minute.
- Next, add the chia seeds and protein powder. Mix well and allow to cook for 2-5 minutes (depending on how thick you want the oats to be). If you want them to be more milky, you can always add more milk at this stage.
- Once they have thickened up, transfer to a bowel and cover with toppings of your choice. Yay!