The other day, I threw random ingredients together in the hope of creating something edible as I had hardly anything in the fridge. What I did have was going off so had to be used. The result was actually something very delicious, though I am not sure what to name it! A pot full of veg and some prawns on a tomato base with a few eggs cracked on top. I thought I would share the recipe as it is pretty easy to make and I am sure you can substitute what I used with bits you have in your fridge.
Let me know what you think if you give it a go.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 sliced small onion
- 1 small cooked potato
- 50g sliced mushrooms
- Half sliced pepper
- 50g frozen prawns
- Chilly powder
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Add the olive oil to a medium sized pan and add in the sliced onion. Cook until tender.
- While you wait for your onions to cook, slice your tomatoes into small chunks.
- When the onions are tender and becoming translucent, add in salt and spices of your choice (I used about half a teaspoon of chilly powder and turmeric and a teaspoon of salt). Add in your tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes are softened, add in mushrooms, pepper and prawns.
- Meanwhile, boil the potato (I had used a left of piece of baked potato).
- Once mushrooms and pepper appear softened, add in the potato.
- Cook at high heat to evaporate all the water that has been released.- you can at this point put on the lid.
- When the mixture begins to dry up, crack to eggs and allow for these to cook.
- Serve with some toasted bread